Monday 24 June 2013

Cavani's Buyout Clause Has An Expiry Date



If you believe Tancredi Palmeri and all other football media outlets,Chelsea have been after Napoli's star striker Edinson Cavani for a while now. Both Real Madrid and Manchester City are reportedly interested in signing him too.

Napoli president Aurelio de Laurentis has made it crystal clear that any club that wants Edinson Cavani will have to pay all of the reported £54 million buy-out fee.

Tancredi Palmeri claimed Napoli rejected two bids from Chelsea in space of two days,both bids below the buyout clause. All clubs interested in Edinson seem unwilling to pay as much as Napoli are holding out for.

I don't know if Laurentis has a problem with his mouth but it's like he has shot himself in the head. Laurentis revealed while speaking to Italian station Radio Rai that Cavani's buyout clause has an expiry date.

"I don't think Cavani will leave on August 10th, when his buyout clause expires,I'm confident in him, because I consider him a real man. He won't make a joke of me."

He then went on to set a date he expects the transfer saga to end before he jokingly threatened Cavani.

"I think that the Cavani 'soap opera' will come to an end on 20th July, which is when he returns from the Confederations Cup. If it doesn't, I'll rip his head off."

It dawned on Laurentis that interested clubs might actually wait until the clause expires.

"Does anyone think that I'll let Cavani leave on 10th August, with the league campaign about to kick off?"

I don't think Aurelio de Laurentis knew exactly what he was doing. No media outlet reported any expiry date for Cavani's buyout clause before now. Laurentis may have extended an already long transfer saga now. I feel sorry for Chelsea fans,its getting really boring now.



Sent from my BlackBerry® wireless handheld from Glo Mobile.

No comments:

Post a Comment