Thursday 20 June 2013

Has John Mikel Obi Made Up His Mind On Leaving?

When the Mikel Obi to Galatasaray rumours started, I dismissed them as just another Media joke. My thought was "No way Chelsea is selling Obi". If you had same thoughts, I've got bad news for you.

One of the biggest newspapers in Turkey, Sabah came forth this morning with some shocking quotes from John Mikel Obi. See for yourself...


"I'm very pleased with Galatasaray's offer."
"I asked Drogba for advice and he told me that Istanbul is a fantastic city, that Galatasaray is a huge club and that I have to make the move."
"I have played at Chelsea for a long time and it's now time for me to leave."
"Talks have reached an advanced level between Chelsea and Galatasaray. Chelsea won't make the move difficult and regarding my salary there won't be a problem."
"All that is left is for the clubs to reach an agreement."
                                                                          - John Mikel Obi via Sabah

As you can see Mikel might be on his way out if those quotes actually came from him. The whole thing doesn't make sense to me, Why will Mikel want out of Chelsea now that Jose Mourinho is back? Why will he be eager to take a massive jump down to the turkish league? Is this another case of African footballers making any move because of money? Could it be Chelsea no longer want him? I hardly have a good answer to all these questions, I've never being a big fan of Obi but I really don't want to see him go as he has qualities no other player in the squad has. And to think we will let him go after all we went through to sign him.


Some Chelsea fans are hoping he's replaced by one of the best pivot players at the moment, the likes of Fellaini, Bender, Alonso are being eyed. Its worth noting that Chelsea hasn't replaced the Centre Midfielders at club with players as good or better for about three years.

What's your opinion? Should Chelsea cash in on Mikel Obi? 

No comments:

Post a Comment